Copyright Act Notification
The Copyright Act of Singapore, Chapter 63 (the Act) provides limited legal immunity from liabilities for Network Service Providers for the services carried by these providers such as transmission, routing, system caching and/or storage of data.
As such, in the event of any copyright infringement, Trends Home Electrical Pte Ltd(“Trentios”), as a Network Service Provider, will not be liable in damages to copyright owners if Trentios has complied with certain conditions imposed by the Act and its subsidiary legislation.
If you think any copyright of your material has been infringed, you may send a valid take-down notice (in the form or substantially in accordance with the form prescribed by the Act) to Trentios Designated Representative at the address below in accordance with the Act. Upon receipt of a valid take-down notice, Trentios will take reasonable steps to remove or disable access to the material in accordance with the Act. As soon as the material has been removed or access disabled, Trentios will take reasonable steps to notify the person who has posted the material (“Respondent”). The Respondent may, within the prescribed time and in accordance with the Act, send a valid counter-notice (in the form prescribed by the Act) to Trentios Designation Representative at the address below, to restore the material. Trends Home Electrical will then take reasonable steps to restore the material if it is technically and practically feasible to do so unless the copyright owner commences court proceedings to prevent the restoration of the material and Trentios is informed of such proceedings.
All notifications are to be sent to :
Trends Home Electrical Pte Ltd
No.1 Ubi View, #01-04 Focus One Singapore 408555
The Designated Representative should only be contacted for notifications under the Act and not for general or other queries.
A valid take-down notice to be sent to Trentios shall be signed by the complainant and contain all of the following information :
- name, address, telephone number, facsimile number (if any) and email address of the complainant and the address for service in Singapore if complainant is not resident in Singapore;
- sufficient information to enable Trentios to identify the infringing material and its online location;
- a statement that the complainant requires Trentios to remove/disable access to the material;
- a statement that the complainant, in good faith, believes that the material is an infringing copy;
- a statement that the information in the take-down notice is accurate;
- a statement that the complainant is the copyright owner or exclusive licensee or that he is authorised to act on behalf of such owner or exclusive licensee; and
- agreement that the complainant submits to the jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
A valid counter-notice to be sent to Trentios shall be signed by the Respondent and must contain all of the following information :
- name, address, telephone number, facsimile number (if any) and email address of the Respondent and the address for service in Singapore if the Respondent is not resident in Singapore;
- information to enable Trentios to identify the material removed or access was disabled and its online location before it was removed or disabled;
- a statement that the Respondent, in good faith, believes that the material was removed or access was disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification or the material does not infringe copyright in any material;
- a statement that the information in the counter-notice is accurate; and
- agreement that the Respondent submits to the jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Please note that under the Act, if a party is found to have made a statement, which is false or does not believe it to be true, in his take-down notice or counter-notice, he shall be liable in damages to any party who suffers any loss/damage as a result of that notice and if convicted, he shall be liable to a fine not exceeding S$10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years.
Should you have queries on the abovementioned, please email us at email@example.com or fax to us at (65) 6634 0310.