1 APPLICATION OF TERMS
1.1 These Terms apply to your use of the Website. By accessing and using the Website:
a. you agree to these Terms; and
b. where your access and use is on behalf of another person (e.g. a company), you confirm that you are authorised to, and do in fact, agree to these Terms on that person’s behalf and that, by agreeing to these Terms on that person’s behalf, that person is bound by these Terms.
1.2 If you do not agree to these Terms, you are not authorised to access and use the Website, and you must immediately stop doing so.
2.1 We may change these Terms at any time by updating them on the Website. Unless stated otherwise, any change takes effect immediately. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest Terms. By continuing to access and use the Website, you agree to be bound by the changed Terms.
2.2 We may change, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, the Website without notice or liability.
2.3 These Terms were last updated on 22/03/2020.
In these Terms:
including and similar words do not imply any limit
Loss includes loss of profits, savings, revenue or data, and any other claim, damage, loss, liability and cost, including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis
personal information means information about an identifiable, living person, and includes personal data, personally identifiably information and equivalent information under applicable privacy and data protection laws
Underlying System means any network, system, software, data or material that underlies or is connected to the Website
User ID means a unique name and/or password allocated to you to allow you to access certain parts of the Website
We, us or our means Trends Home Electronic Pte. Ltd.
Website means https://shop.trentios.com
You means you or, if clause 1.1b applies, both you and the other person on whose behalf you are acting.
4 YOUR OBLIGATIONS
4.1 You must provide true, current and complete information in your dealings with us (including when setting up an account), and must promptly update that information as required so that the information remains true, current and complete.
4.2 If you are given a User ID, you must keep your User ID secure and:
a. not permit any other person to use your User ID, including not disclosing or providing it to any other person; and
b. immediately notify us if you become aware of any disclosure or unauthorised use of your User ID, by sending an email to email@example.com.
4.3 You must:
a. not act in a way, or use or introduce anything (including any virus, worm, Trojan horse, timebomb, keystroke logger, spyware or other similar feature) that in any way compromises, or may compromise, the Website or any Underlying System, or otherwise attempt to damage or interfere with the Website or any Underlying System; and
b. unless with our agreement, access the Website via standard web browsers only and not by any other method. Other methods include scraping, deep-linking, harvesting, data mining, use of a robot or spider, automation, or any similar data gathering, extraction or monitoring method.
4.4 You must obtain our written permission to establish a link to our Website. If you wish to do so, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.5 You indemnify us against all Loss we suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of your failure to comply with these Terms, including any failure of a person who accesses and uses our Website by using your User ID.
5 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
We (and our licensors) own all proprietary and intellectual property rights in the Website (including all information, data, text, graphics, artwork, photographs, logos, icons, sound recordings, videos and look and feel), and the Underlying Systems.
6.1 To the extent permitted by law, we and our licensors have no liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any Loss in connection with:
a. the Website being unavailable (in whole or in part) or performing slowly;
b. any error in, or omission from, any information made available through the Website;
c. any exposure to viruses or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system or expose you to fraud when you access or use the Website. To avoid doubt, you are responsible for ensuring the process by which you access and use the Website protects you from this; and
d. any site linked from the Website. Any link on the Website to other sites does not imply any endorsement, approval or recommendation of, or responsibility for, those sites or their contents, operations, products or operators.
6.2 We make no representation or warranty that the Website is appropriate or available for use in all countries or that the content satisfies the laws of all countries. You are responsible for ensuring that your access to and use of the Website is not illegal or prohibited, and for your own compliance with applicable local laws.
7.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law:
a. you access and use the Website at your own risk; and
b. we are not liable or responsible to you or any other person for any Loss under or in connection with these Terms, the Website, or your access and use of (or inability to access or use) the Website. This exclusion applies regardless of whether our liability or responsibility arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise.
7.2 Except to the extent permitted by law, nothing in these Terms has the effect of contracting out of any applicable consumer protection law that cannot be excluded. To the extent our liability cannot be excluded but can be limited, our liability is limited to SGD100.
7.3 To the maximum extent permitted by law and only to the extent clauses 7.1 and 7.2 of these Terms do not apply, our total liability to you under or in connection with these Terms, or in connection with the Website, or your access and use of (or inability to access or use) the Website, must not exceed SGD100.
8.1 You are not required to provide personal information to us, although in some cases if you choose not to do so then we will be unable to make certain sections of the Website available to you. For example, we may need to have your contact information in order to provide you with updates from our Website.
8.2 When you provide personal information to us, we will comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
8.3 The personal information you provide to us (including any information provided if you register for an account) is collected and may be used for communicating with you, statistical analysis, the marketing by us of products and services to you, credit checks (if necessary), and research and development.
8.5 Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, some of the circumstances in which we may do this are:
a. to service providers and other persons working with us to make the Website available or improve or develop its functionality (e.g. we may use a third party supplier to host the Website);
b. in relation to the proposed purchase or acquisition of our business or assets; or
c. where required by applicable law or any court, or in response to a legitimate request by a law enforcement agency.
8.6 Any personal information you provide to us may be stored on the secure servers of our trusted service providers, which may be located outside Singapore. This may involve the transfer of your personal information to countries which have less legal protection for personal information than Singapore.
8.7 You have the right to request access to and correction of any of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
9 SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
9.1 Without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, if we consider that you have breached these Terms or we otherwise consider it appropriate, we may immediately, and without notice, suspend or terminate your access to the Website (or any part of it).
9.2 On suspension or termination, you must immediately cease using the Website and must not attempt to gain further access.
10.1 If we need to contact you, we may do so by email or by posting a notice on the Website. You agree that this satisfies all legal requirements in relation to written communications.
10.2 These Terms, and any dispute relating to these Terms or the Website, are governed by and must be interpreted in accordance with the law of Singapore. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in relation to any dispute connected with these Terms or the Website.
10.3 For us to waive a right under these Terms, the waiver must be in writing.
10.4 Clauses which, by their nature, are intended to survive termination of these Terms, including clauses 4.5, 5, 6, 7, and 10.1, continue in force.
10.5 If any part or provision of these Terms is or becomes illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, that part or provision is deemed to be modified to the extent required to remedy the illegality, unenforceability or invalidity. If a modification is not possible, the part or provision must be treated for all purposes as severed from these Terms. The remainder of these Terms will be binding on you.
These Terms set out everything agreed by the parties relating to your use of the Website and supersede and cancel anything discussed, exchanged or agreed prior to you agreeing to these Terms. The parties have not relied on any representation, warranty or agreement relating to the Website that is not expressly set out in the Terms, and no such representation, warranty or agreement has any effect from the date you agreed to these Terms.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice“) sets out the basis which Trends Home Electrical Pte. Ltd. (“we“, “us“, or “our“) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA“). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or
(b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, residential address, email address, telephone number, gender and date of birth.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative“) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verifying your identity;
(c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(d) managing your relationship with us;
(e) processing payment or credit transactions;
(f) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(g) any other purposes for which you have provided the information; and
(h) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to your employment contract should you be hired) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
23. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact No. : (65) 6634 0311
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
24. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
25. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 18/12/2019
Last updated : 18/12/2019